Latest Information Update: 30 Jun 1998
At a glance
- Originator Shionogi
- Class Antibacterials; Fluoroquinolones
- Mechanism of Action DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 1998 Discontinued-Preclinical for Bacterial infections in Japan (Unknown route)
- 31 Oct 1996 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in Japan (Unknown route)