CX 295Alternative Names: AK 295; Vasolex
Latest Information Update: 13 Aug 1999
At a glance
- Originator Cortex Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Calpain inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cerebral vasospasm; CNS trauma; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 13 Aug 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Cerebral vasospasm in USA (Unknown route)
- 13 Aug 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for CNS trauma in USA (Unknown route)
- 13 Aug 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Stroke in USA (Unknown route)