Latest Information Update: 10 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Developer Amylin Pharmaceuticals; Nonindustrial source
- Class Amino acids; Peptides
- Mechanism of Action Peptide stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 10 Jul 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Diabetes mellitus in USA (unspecified route)
- 04 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)
- 04 Nov 1996 New profile