Calcium spirulanAlternative Names: Ca-SP
Latest Information Update: 23 Apr 2003
At a glance
- Originator Nippon Oil Corporation
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cytomegalovirus infections; Herpes simplex virus infections; HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 27 Jun 2002 Nippon Mitsubishi Oil Corporation is now called Nippon Oil Corporation
- 09 Oct 2000 Profile reviewed. Patent numbers have been added
- 12 Nov 1996 Preclinical development for Cytomegalovirus infections in Japan (Unknown route)