Latest Information Update: 02 Feb 2001
At a glance
- Originator Drug Innovation and Design
- Class Antivirals
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Herpes simplex virus infections
Most Recent Events
- 02 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 31 Jul 1998 No-Development-Reported for Herpes simplex virus infections in USA (Topical)
- 14 Nov 1996 New profile