Amikacin liposomal - SkyePharmaAlternative Names: DepoAmikacin™
Latest Information Update: 29 May 2002
At a glance
- Originator SkyePharma Inc
- Class Aminoglycosides; Antibacterials; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Protein 30S ribosomal subunit inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Postoperative infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 29 May 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Postoperative infections in USA (Parenteral)
- 14 Feb 2000 DepoTech is now called SkyePharma Inc