At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Anti-inflammatories
- Mechanism of Action Leucocyte elastase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Emphysema; Respiratory tract disorders; Rheumatic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 22 Dec 1999 Hoechst Marion Roussel has merged with Rhône-Poulenc Rorer to form Aventis Pharma
- 25 Feb 1999 No-Development-Reported for Emphysema in USA (Unknown route)
- 25 Feb 1999 No-Development-Reported for Respiratory tract disorders in USA (Unknown route)