Latest Information Update: 07 Feb 2001
At a glance
- Originator Ligand Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Ligand Pharmaceuticals; Nonindustrial source
- Class Antineoplastics; Retinoids
- Mechanism of Action Apoptosis stimulants; Retinoid X receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 07 Feb 2001 Discontinued-Preclinical for Cancer in USA (Unknown route)
- 30 Jun 1998 No-Development-Reported for Cancer in USA (Unknown route)
- 21 Nov 1996 Preclinical development for Cancer in USA (Unknown route)