Latest Information Update: 20 Mar 2002
At a glance
- Originator Alfa Wassermann Inc
- Developer Novo Nordisk
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Glycosaminoglycan stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic nephropathies
Most Recent Events
- 20 Mar 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Diabetic nephropathies in European Union (unspecified route)
- 26 Feb 2001 Profile reviewed but no significant changes made
- 04 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Diabetic nephropathies in European Union (Unknown route)