At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Craniocerebral trauma; Epilepsy; Stroke
Most Recent Events
- 19 Dec 1996 Discontinued-I for Head injuries in Switzerland (PO)
- 19 Dec 1996 Discontinued-I for Stroke in Switzerland (PO)
- 19 Dec 1996 Discontinued-I for Epilepsy in Switzerland (PO)