At a glance
- Originator Eisai Co Ltd
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Bisphosphonates
- Mechanism of Action Squalene synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperlipidaemia
Most Recent Events
- 10 Sep 1998 No-Development-Reported for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (PO)
- 31 Dec 1996 Preclinical development for Hyperlipidaemia in Japan (PO)