SilteplaseAlternative Names: Plasminer; Sinteplase; TD 2061
Latest Information Update: 14 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator Genzyme Corporation
- Developer Daiichi Pharmaceutical; Toyobo
- Class Plasminogen activator enzymes; Thrombolytics
- Mechanism of Action Plasminogen activator stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Market Withdrawal Myocardial infarction
Most Recent Events
- 08 Jan 1997 Withdrawn for Myocardial infarction in Japan (Injection)