At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 04 Aug 1998 No-Development-Reported for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)
- 13 Jan 1997 New profile
- 13 Jan 1997 Preclinical development for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (Unknown route)