At a glance
- Originator Purdue Pharma
- Class Anti-ischaemics; Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glutamate receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 23 Dec 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Neuroprotection in USA (unspecified route)
- 16 Nov 1999 CoCensys has been acquired by Purdue Pharma
- 12 Oct 1998 Profile reviewed