At a glance
- Originator Fujisawa
- Class Analgesics; Anti-inflammatories; Antirheumatics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Rheumatic disorders
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jun 1998 Commercial data has been reviewed by Fujisawa
- 21 Jan 1997 New profile
- 21 Jan 1997 Preclinical development for Rheumatic disorders in Japan (PO)