At a glance
- Originator Pharmacia Corporation
- Class Amino acids; Antiepileptic drugs; Neuroprotectants; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Kynurenine 3-monooxygenase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Neuroprotection; Seizures
Most Recent Events
- 05 Oct 1998 No-Development-Reported for Neuroprotection in Italy (Unknown route)
- 05 Oct 1998 No-Development-Reported for Seizures in Italy (Unknown route)
- 24 Jan 1997 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in Italy (Unknown route)