HIV vaccine - EpimmuneAlternative Names: CY 2301; HIV vaccine - Cytel
Latest Information Update: 16 Aug 2002
At a glance
- Originator Epimmune
- Class AIDS vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Jul 1999 Epimmune has been awarded a US patent covering its epitope-based vaccine technology
- 31 Dec 1997 Discontinued - Phase-II for HIV infections treatment in USA (unspecified route)
- 28 Aug 1997 Phase-II clinical trials for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)