ABBAlternative Names: Agkistrodon blomhoffii blomhoffii boie; Mamushi
Latest Information Update: 30 Apr 2002
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Hepatoprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diabetes mellitus; Gastric ulcer; Liver disorders
Most Recent Events
- 15 Sep 1999 Profile reviewed, but no significant changes made
- 04 Feb 1997 New profile
- 04 Feb 1997 Preclinical development for Gastric ulcer in Japan (PO)