MDR1 gene therapy - Genetic Therapy
Latest Information Update: 21 Mar 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genetic Therapy
- Class Chemoprotectants; Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action Gene transference; P-glycoprotein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chemoprotection
Most Recent Events
- 19 Jun 2001 This gene therapy product is in active development
- 17 Feb 1997 Phase-I clinical trials for Chemotherapy induced damage (Prevention)/Chemoprotection in USA (Unknown route)