AFP-ScanAlternative Names: ImmuRAID AFP Tc 99m
Latest Information Update: 24 Jun 2010
At a glance
- Originator Immunomedics
- Class Imaging agents; Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 01 Jul 2003 This programme is still in active development
- 11 Sep 2001 Immunomedics has received orphan drug designation for AFP-Scan for liver and germ-cell cancer imaging
- 11 Jun 2001 Phase-II clinical trials for Diagnostic imaging in USA (Unknown route)