At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 17 Nov 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Bacterial infections in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 20 Feb 1997 New profile
- 20 Feb 1997 Preclinical development for Bacterial infections in United Kingdom (Unknown route)