Kamikihi-ToAlternative Names: EK 49; Jia-Wei-Gui-Pi-Tang
Latest Information Update: 17 Nov 2003
At a glance
- Originator Nippon Organon
- Class Antidementias; Herbal medicines; Neuroprotectants; Traditional-Chinese-medicine
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease; Anxiety disorders; Major depressive disorder; Menopausal syndrome; Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 17 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Clinical-Phase-Unknown for Anxiety disorders in Japan (unspecified route)
- 17 Nov 2003 Discontinued for Neuroprotection in Japan (unspecified route)
- 17 Nov 2003 Discontinued - Preclinical for Menopausal syndrome in Japan (unspecified route)