FCP 3P1Alternative Names: CardioRex
Latest Information Update: 29 May 2001
At a glance
- Originator Forbes Medi-Tech
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Phytostanols
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol absorption inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 29 May 2001 Discontinued-II for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (PO)
- 04 Apr 2000 Phase-II clinical trials for Hypercholesterolaemia in USA (PO)