Beta-L-FddCAlternative Names: 5-F-b-L-ddC; 5-F-beta-L-ddC
Latest Information Update: 05 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Developer Nonindustrial source; Shire Pharmaceuticals Group; Vion Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis B; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 05 Jun 2001 BioChem Pharma has been acquired by Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- 18 Dec 1998 Preclinical development for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 05 Oct 1998 Preclinical development for Hepatitis B in France (Unknown route)