Latest Information Update: 27 Oct 1999
At a glance
- Originator Sato
- Developer Nonindustrial source; Sato
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action Dihydropteroate synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 27 Oct 1999 No-Development-Reported for Bacterial infections in Japan (PO)
- 20 Feb 1997 New profile