S-metoprololAlternative Names: Optically pure (S) metoprolol - Sepracor
Latest Information Update: 09 Jun 2010
At a glance
- Originator Sepracor
- Class Antihypertensives
- Mechanism of Action Beta 1 adrenergic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jun 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hypertension in USA (PO)
- 09 Jun 2010 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hypertension in USA (IV)
- 30 Mar 2000 No-Development-Reported for Hypertension in USA (PO)