Latest Information Update: 28 Jun 2001
At a glance
- Originator Nonindustrial source
- Mechanism of Action Chelating agents
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Iron overload
Most Recent Events
- 28 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Iron overload in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 20 Feb 1997 Preclinical development for Iron overload in United Kingdom (Unknown route)