At a glance
- Originator Uniroyal Chemical
- Class Antivirals; Benzoic acids
- Mechanism of Action RNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 09 Jul 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for HIV-1 infections in USA (Unknown route)
- 09 Jul 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for HIV-1 infections in Canada (Unknown route)
- 21 Feb 1997 New profile