At a glance
- Originator Pfizer
- Class Acrylates; Anti-ischaemics; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Calpain inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Neuroprotection
Most Recent Events
- 21 Feb 2000 No-Development-Reported for Neuroprotection in USA (Unknown route)
- 26 Mar 1997 New profile
- 26 Mar 1997 Preclinical development for Neuroprotection in USA (Unknown route)