At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antineoplastics; Osteoporosis therapies
- Mechanism of Action Integrin alphaVbeta3 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer; Coronary artery restenosis; Postmenopausal osteoporosis
Most Recent Events
- 24 Jan 2001 SmithKline Beecham has merged with Glaxo Wellcome to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 28 Feb 2000 Discontinued-preclinical for Postmenopausal osteoporosis in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 May 1997 Preclinical development for Coronary artery restenosis in USA (unspecified route)