MaspinAlternative Names: LXR 023
Latest Information Update: 02 Nov 2006
At a glance
- Originator Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Class Antineoplastics; Serpins
- Mechanism of Action Serine endopeptidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Breast cancer; Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 02 Nov 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Prostate cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 02 Nov 2006 Discontinued - Preclinical for Breast cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 13 Nov 2002 This compound is still in active development