Iduronate-2-sulfatase gene therapyAlternative Names: Hunter syndrome gene therapy
Latest Information Update: 23 Sep 2013
At a glance
- Originator University of Minnesota
- Class Iduronate sulfatases
- Mechanism of Action Iduronate sulfatase replacements
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Mucopolysaccharidosis II
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2007 Discontinued - Phase-II for Mucopolysaccharidosis II in USA (Infusion)
- 31 Dec 2007 Discontinued - Preclinical for Mucopolysaccharidosis II in Italy (unspecified route)
- 11 Dec 2003 No development reported - Phase-II for Mucopolysaccharidosis type II in USA (Infusion)