At a glance
- Originator Merck Frosst
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Arachidonic acids; Phosphonic acids; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Phospholipase A2 inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Inflammation
Most Recent Events
- 12 Jun 1999 No-Development-Reported for Inflammation in Canada (Unknown route)
- 11 Apr 1997 New profile
- 11 Apr 1997 Preclinical development for Inflammation in Canada (Unknown route)