At a glance
- Originator Astellas Pharma
- Class Antiasthmatics; Small molecules; Surfactants
- Mechanism of Action
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Most Recent Events
- 11 Apr 2005 Yamanouchi has merged with Fujisawa to form Astellas Pharma
- 14 May 1998 Phase-II clinical trials for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in European Union (PO)
- 29 Apr 1997 Phase-I clinical trials for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in European Union (PO)