At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antidementias; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 15 Feb 2000 No-Development-Reported for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 22 Dec 1999 Hoechst Marion Roussel has merged with Rhône-Poulenc Rorer to form Aventis Pharma
- 30 Apr 1997 Preclinical development for Alzheimer's disease in USA (Unknown route)