Haematopoietic stem cell gene therapy - Novartis/SyStemixAlternative Names: CD34 anti-HIV gene therapy; CD34 anti-HIV therapy; CD34 gene therapy; Haematopoietic stem cell anti-HIV gene therapy; HSC anti-HIV gene therapy; HSC anti-HIV therapy; HSC gene therapy
Latest Information Update: 10 Dec 2007
At a glance
- Originator Duke University; Novartis; SyStemix
- Developer SyStemix
- Class Antivirals; Gene therapies
- Mechanism of Action HIV replication inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 17 Sep 1999 No-Development-Reported for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)
- 01 May 1997 Phase-II clinical trials for HIV infections treatment in USA (Unknown route)