GDNF gene therapy - Genetic TherapyAlternative Names: Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor gene therapy - Genetic Therapy; Parkinson's disease gene therapy - Genetic Therapy
Latest Information Update: 28 Aug 2007
At a glance
- Originator Genetic Therapy; University of Rochester
- Class Antiparkinsonians; Gene therapies; Neuroprotectants
- Mechanism of Action Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor expression stimulants; Neuron stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jun 2001 No-Development-Reported for Parkinson's disease in USA (Unknown route)
- 01 May 1997 Preclinical development for Parkinson's disease in USA (Unknown route)