At a glance
- Originator Astellas Pharma
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Steroid 17-alpha-hydroxylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Prostate cancer
Most Recent Events
- 12 Feb 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Prostate cancer in Japan (PO)
- 12 Feb 2007 Discontinued - Phase-I for Prostate cancer in Netherlands (PO)
- 11 Apr 2005 Yamanouchi has merged with Fujisawa to form Astellas Pharma