Latest Information Update: 11 Sep 2002
At a glance
- Originator Celltech R&D
- Class Antineoplastics
- Mechanism of Action Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Age-related macular degeneration; Cancer; Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 11 Sep 2002 Discontinued - Preclinical for Age-related macular degeneration in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 11 Sep 2002 Discontinued - Phase-I for Rheumatoid arthritis in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 20 Aug 2001 Preclinical development for Age-related macular degeneration in United Kingdom (Unknown route)