Latest Information Update: 29 Dec 1999
At a glance
- Originator Provalis
- Developer International Diabetes Institute
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Diabetic neuropathies
Most Recent Events
- 29 Dec 1999 Discontinued-II for Diabetic neuropathies in Australia (Topical)
- 03 Dec 1999 Cortecs is now called Provalis
- 15 Oct 1999 Profile reviewed, but no significant changes made