Latest Information Update: 03 Oct 2003
At a glance
- Originator BTG; Kings College London
- Mechanism of Action Chelating agents
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hyperphosphataemia
Most Recent Events
- 03 Oct 2003 Vernalis Group has merged with British Biotech to form Vernalis
- 26 Jan 2001 Vernalis Group is seeking potential partners for development and commercialisation of VML 252 (www.vernalis.com)
- 13 Jan 1999 Discontinued-II for Hyperphosphataemia in USA (PO)