At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 31 Jan 2001 Discontinued-II for Hypercholesterolaemia in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 22 Jan 2001 Glaxo Wellcome has merged with SmithKline Beecham to form GlaxoSmithKline
- 19 Jan 1998 Phase-II clinical trials for Hypercholesterolaemia in United Kingdom (Unknown route)