At a glance
- Originator Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- Class Cytostatic antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 17 May 2004 Discontinued - Preclinical for Cancer in Canada (unspecified route)
- 05 Jun 2001 BioChem Pharma has been acquired by Shire Pharmaceuticals Group
- 29 May 1997 Preclinical development for Cancer in Canada (Unknown route)