Research programme: AZM 131 - AlizymeAlternative Names: AZM 131
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 1999
At a glance
- Originator Alizyme
- Developer Alizyme; Institute of Food Research
- Mechanism of Action Lipase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 1999 Discontinued-Clinical for Obesity in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 24 Apr 1998 Investigation in Obesity in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 23 Oct 1997 Yakurigaku Chou Kenkyusho has an option to license AZM 131 products in Japan