Research programme: AZM 140 - Acambis/AlizymeAlternative Names: AZM 140 research programme - Acambis/Alizyme
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 1999
At a glance
- Originator Acambis; Alizyme
- Mechanism of Action Amylase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Obesity; Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Obesity in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 16 Jul 1999 Discontinued-Preclinical for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in United Kingdom (Unknown route)
- 04 Jun 1997 Preclinical development for Obesity in United Kingdom (Unknown route)