At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antineoplastics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Farnesyltranstransferase inhibitors; Ras protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 29 Apr 2013 added ras MoA
- 23 Dec 1999 Rhône-Poulenc Rorer has merged with Hoechst Marion Roussel to form Aventis Pharma
- 12 Jun 1997 Preclinical development for Cancer in France (Unknown route)