Hepatitis E DNA vaccine - Naval Medical Research Center
Latest Information Update: 05 Mar 2008
At a glance
- Originator Naval Medical Research Center
- Class Gene therapies; Viral hepatitis vaccines
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hepatitis E
Most Recent Events
- 05 Mar 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Hepatitis E in USA (IM)
- 16 Jul 2001 This compound is still in active development
- 16 Jul 2001 The vaccine is available for licensing (http://www.nmri.nnmc.navy.mil/ott/pending.html)