Paclitaxel - Yew Tree PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Yewtaxan
Latest Information Update: 24 Jan 2008
At a glance
- Originator National Institutes of Health (USA); Yew Tree Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Bristol-Myers Squibb; Yew Tree Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antineoplastics; Diterpenes; Paclitaxels; Small molecules; Taxanes
- Mechanism of Action Mitosis inhibitors; Tubulin modulators; Tubulin polymerisation promoters
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Breast cancer; Ovarian cancer