Latest Information Update: 09 Jul 2002
At a glance
- Originator Aventis
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Atherosclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 24 Dec 1999 Hoechst Marion Roussel has merged with Rhône-Poulenc Rorer to form Aventis Pharma
- 19 Jun 1997 Phase-I clinical trials for Atherosclerosis in European Union (Unknown route)