At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Mechanism of Action Leucocyte elastase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cystic fibrosis; Emphysema; Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2000 Discontinued-II for Cystic fibrosis in USA (PO)
- 31 Dec 2000 Discontinued-I for Emphysema in USA (PO)
- 31 Dec 2000 Discontinued-II for Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in USA (PO)